Can you believe that 2017 is less than 3 months away? I know, insane. It feels like it was just yesterday that I was celebrating my 1 year anniversary as a full time entrepreneur and now I’m preparing to wrap up my second year. My first year and a half has been an amazing whirlwind but it’s time to take things to the next level and I’m doing that with the help of ShiftCon.
What Is ShiftCon?
ShiftCon is the only conference that focuses on food, wellness, health, and the environment. This year’s conference will be held in one of my favorite places in the world–New Orleans, LA. I don’t know if I’m more excited about the food or the information. This conference is specifically for writers that focus staying true to their voice and niche while learning how to maximize their audience. There will be a mix of workshops, keynotes and parties that will make sure that attendees get the information needed.
The conference takes place from Thursday, November 30, 2016 – Saturday, December 3, 2016. Here’s the line-up:
Thursday, December 1st
3:00-6:00 Registration & Expo with sponsors
6:00-8:00pm Welcome ceremony–Sponsored by Safer Chemicals, Healthy Families
9:00-midnight Night on the town in New Orleans
Friday, December 2nd
6:30am Fitness Event–Yoga Class sponsored by Boiron
8:00am Keynote breakfast with Ron Finley.
9:30-9:45 Break with Vital Proteins & The Republic of Tea
9:45-10:45 Sessions 1, 2, 3
- Session 1–Dropping Science: Pete Myers of Environmental Sciences takes on endocrine disruption.
- Session 2–You Built It, Now Make a Living From It: Email Monetization 101.
- Session 3–The Race Forward: How Challenging Racial Stereotypes Benefit Eco-Friendly Industry Growth.
10:45-11:00 Break with Vital Proteins & The Republic of Tea
11:00-12:00pm Session 4, 5, 6
- Session 4–Hashtags, Haters & the Human Heart: How to Get Your Story Out with Robyn O’Brien. Sponsored by Applegate.
- Session 5–From Pitch to Publish: How to Navigate the Realm of Traditional Publishing.
- Session 6–How to Successfully Pitch Traditional Media Outlets
12:00-12:30 Break with Vital Proteins & The Republic of Tea
12:30-2pm Keynote Lunch with Tieraona Low Dog, M.D. Sponsored by MegaFood
2:00-4:00pm The Expo. Visit with over 50 brands in our expo room.
4:00-5:00pm Session 7, 8, 9
- Session 7–Search Engine Optimization
- Session 8–Using Video to Build Your Brand.
- Session 9–Hot Science: How Organic Agriculture is Improving Our Environment. Sponsored by The Organic Center.
5pm-midnight Explore the City of New Orleans.
Saturday, December 3rd
6:30am Fitness Event.
8:00-9:30am Keynote Panel: One Big Step for Better Food.
9:30-9:45 Break with Vital Proteins and Republic of Tea
9:45-10:45am Workshop 10, 11, 12
- Session 10–What the F*ck Are We Eating? An Overview of Labels. Sponsored by American Grassfed Association.
- Session 11–Stories, Not Selfies: Instagram Awesomeness for Influencers.
- Session 12–Hot Science: How Organic Supports A Healthy You. Sponsored by The Organic Center.
10:45-11:00am Break with Vital Proteins and Republic of Tea
11:00-12:00 Session 13, 14, 15
- Session 13–From Garbage Islands to Poisonous Plastics: Solutions to Safeguard Our Children’s, Health, Families, and the Ocean.
- Session 14–How to Monetize Workshops Online & Off.
- Session 15–Overcoming Obstacles: Savvy Tips with Budgeting Food, Travel & Parenting
12:00-12:30pm Break with Vital Proteins and Republic of Tea
12:30-2pm Keynote Lunch: Kickass Women in Business. This keynote lunch is sponsored byBeautycounter.
2:00-4:00pm Sponsored Expo.
4:00-5:30 Farewell Reception with thoughts from JP Sears and Leah Segedie.
6:00pm Get out to explore New Orleans.
I started this site because I wanted to be able to share practical tips for living a green lifestyle. Some days I lose sight of this since my site has grown but this is still a very big part of my passion that I want shared here. I’m looking forward to so many of the sessions but my top 3 are:
- You Built It, Now Make a Living From It: Email Monetization 101
- The Race Forward: How Challenging Racial Stereotypes Benefit Eco-Friendly Industry Growth
- From Pitch to Publish: How to Navigate the Realm of Traditional Publishing
Because I want to see you there, I’ve got a $50 off code for you when you register. Use the code “ICRUNCHYMOMMY” and meet me there!