As soon as summer bids us adieu, in comes pumpkin season. Up until last year, I honestly didn’t get the appeal behind everyone’s love of what was once only used for pies and Halloween décor. But last year I fell in love with a pumpkin and this year as the season rolled around again, I figured there HAS to be some health appeal to these rotund gourds. And there is.
In fact, pumpkins are really quite good for your health. As in I can justify admitting to using a pumpkin base sauce for pasta instead of tomato it’s so healthy. So while my husband angrily devours the deliciousness of my recent gourmet pumpkin additions, I can say, “It’s for your health!”
7 Healthy Benefits to Your Pumpkin Addiction
- Pumpkin is a rich source of Vitamin A. What’s that good for? Vision. They say to eat more carrots to take care of your eyes but pumpkins are a quality source!
- They are one of the best sources for beta-carotene.
- The potassium in pumpkins has been linked to positively affecting high blood pressure.
- Pumpkin puree can be used as a replacement for butter or oil in baking recipes.
- Lowers risks involved with prostate and colon cancers specifically.
- Increases fertility in women because of the plant-based iron.
- It boosts your immunity because of the beta-carotene and vitamin C.
Delicious Ways to Feed Your Pumpkin Addiction
I’m not ready to be a self-proclaimed pumpkin lover just yet but I have found some rather tasty options out there that really make the tummy’s of my family and I happy.
Friends, don’t judge me based on how much pumpkin I’ve bought from here.
Pumpkin Spice Medium Roast Coffee – this is literally my favorite coffee ever.
Pumpkin Spice Caramel Corn with Pumpkin Seeds & Walnuts – OMG soooooo delicious!!!
Pumpkin O’s Cereal – the hubs even loves this
This Pumpkin Walks Into A Bar – the name of this cereal bar makes me laugh everytime.
You guys know Sprouts Farmers Market is bae. The only pumpkin product I’ve gotten from there has been the truly divine Pumpkin Apple Cider.
They’re pricey and I probably won’t go back—unless it’s to buy more of the Pumpkin Pasta Sauce.
My husband is in major judgement mode over the recent development of me using pumpkin for all sorts of thing but I think he’s most upset because he’s secretly really enjoying it! Up your pumpkin intake for your health and don’t hide your pumpkin addiction—embrace it freely!