This post is sponsored by MegaFood® but all opinions are my own.
One of the benefits of homeschooling for us in the past has been that we’re able to contain germs more easily, make sure the kids are drinking lots of water and encourage them to be more active. But with them heading to school this year, ensuring that they’re making healthy decisions can be a little tougher. And making healthy decisions isn’t just something that we need to make sure the kids are doing, it’s truly a family affair.
Not only are the kids affected by the change of back to school but as parents, we are too, which means that we have to make sure that we’re taking care of ourselves the same way we care for the children. Our kids look to us for guidance and we set the example for them with healthy habits. It can be hard to make sure that we’re doing things that are truly healthy but it can also be as easy as adding quality products like MegaFood® to your routine. I’ve put together 5 simple tips that can be easily implemented.
5 Tips To Making Healthy Decisions As A Family
- Have an easy morning routine. As someone who is not a morning person, this right here is number one for a reason. Starting both yours and the kids’ morning with a solid routine sets the tone for the rest of the day. Morning routines are going to be different for everyone, so figure out what it is that you need to get done every morning, like mindfully packing healthy lunches for your family, and then piece it together so that it happens seamlessly.
- Wash your hands often. With soap and water–not just antibacterial gels. Washing your hands often helps to rid them of the nasty germs that can lead to getting sick. In my son’s morning program, the first thing they do when they get in the building is to wash their hands so they don’t spread or collect germs. This is such an important habit to have because it limits the transference of germs.
- Eat 80/20. The 80/20 rule is so popular with things like relationships, but it also makes sense for eating. While it’s fun to eat delicious, comfort foods all the time, it’s not what’s always healthy for us. But what’s the fun in ONLY eating foods that are healthy, right? None. So feed yourself healthy foods that fuel your body properly 80 percent of the time and enjoy your treats 20 percent!
- Go for evening walks together. Being active is super important for your physical, mental and emotional health. Plus, it’s a really great time to bond with your children, set up a standard for being active and gets rid of extra energy in the evenings before bedtime.
- Get everyone on a schedule for taking their vitamins. Vitamin deficiencies in our bodies can be linked with mental, emotional and physical implications. When we’re pregnant, we take our prenatal vitamins to make sure that the baby gets what they need. It’s just as important for us to get our vitamins as it is for our children. The quality of the vitamins matters, too. This is why I love MegaFood multivitamins. I was introduced to them last year at ShiftCon and fell in love.
Why We Love MegaFood Multivitamins
If we were to try and eat all the foods necessary to get the amount of vitamins our bodies need to function at peak performance, we would be eating all day and broke. But that doesn’t mean we don’t still need these vitamins and nutrients! This is why I love MegaFood–they craft premium supplements with added nutrients plus real food from trusted farms who share a commitment to organic and regenerative agriculture for a more sustainable future.
MegaFood offers products that are non-GMO, organic, tested for 125+ herbicides and pesticides, gluten-free, vegetarian or vegan, kosher, dairy-free and soy-free. They are also the first supplement brand to have its entire line certified Glyphosate Residue Free by The Detox Project, an independent research and certification organization dedicated to bringing awareness to the public by testing consumer goods and food products for toxic chemicals. And friends, this matters.
A Family of Multivitamin Soft Chews
When I was a kid, my mom used to chase us down to make sure that we took cod liver oil and our vitamins (gross). Now? With MegaFood Kids Multivitamin Soft Chews, my kids are chasing me down to take their vitamins and I’m ok with that. They support children’s healthy growth and development* in a fun and yummy grape flavor. And as someone who is always on the move, these are easy for me to drop in my purse or my husband’s bag so that we can remember to take their Men and Women varieties, too! Making sure our health is priority has been something that we’ve been working towards and the new line of Multivitamin Soft Chews from MegaFood help make this possible.
What are some healthy habits and tips that work for your family?
*This statement has not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.